Saturday, March 17, 2007

Wed Kick-off at Yard Dog

It all started at my favorite SXSW day show venue - Yard Dog art gallery on South Congress. The opening day show featured a bunch of bands from the 'Bay Area'. Where do you think of when you hear 'Bay Area'? Well in this case you'd be wrong, as Bay Area referred to Tampa Bay.

Whatever, the bands were good, and we saw the Beauvilles and they rocked it out.


After that we headed to Emo's Annex to see Apostle of Hustle and the Black Angels. I have a love/hate relationship with the Black Angels. I enjoy them and their heavy sound, but they are just so damn loud!

Wednesday night we headed out to Antone's (the famous blues club in Austin), and saw some of the Merge Records showcase. Oakley Hall and The Rosebuds were not as good as expected, but the Broken West were awesome...they are one of my new favorite bands... like an old school Wilco. (I'll provide pictures of Broken West from their Day Show)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Woah, missed that show I couldn't find the yard dog.

I went to see them at the troubadour and found out that for some weird reason the troubadour had cancelled the beauvilles and had bar rock bands instead.

And then I google to try and find another show of theirs this weekend and find your blog and photos of them busking on the street in Rollingstone.com

Weird.

Well at least I got to see the Black Angels & the Apples in Stereo.